Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 300 Calories.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 100 Calories.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Cookies
It’s been a long, long time since I’ve made peanut cookies. So much so I had forgotten just how fabulous they can truly be. For too long I’ve overlooked using peanuts in my baking in favour of rather more sophisticated … Continue reading →
There’s a certain curiosity associated with baking with herbs. For me it started with a visit to Lavandula in Victoria’s beautiful Hepburn Spa region and Stephanie Alexander’s lavender scones. Before too much longer I was inspired to add a little finely minced fresh … Continue reading →
I love the way that one recipe can serendipitously inspire another. Having spent the majority of last week waxing lyrical about Rosa’s rich buttery almond shortbread, an acquaintance enquired if I had ever made Pecan Sandies, reminiscent of her American childhood. … Continue reading →
I’ve always loved the combination of lemon and cardamom, a common and very popular flavour pairing in Scandinavian baking. Warm, aromatic and gingery cardamom has a natural, almost effortless affinity with tangy citrus. Legend has it that the spice was … Continue reading →
I was first introduced to this biscuit decades ago on a trip to New Zealand. Afternoon tea at a picturesque cafe in Wanganui. It was difficult to choose from the delicious array of baked goods on offer. In the end … Continue reading →
Not For The Faint-Hearted. One Pan White Chocolate Chip Caramel Skillet Cookie With A Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce, Strawberries and Ice Cream.
This recipe is not for the faint-hearted. I could feel my arteries hardening as I whipped it up for my hungry teenagers this afternoon. Perfect fare for a wet winter’s afternoon. It’s school holiday time again. The weather is too … Continue reading →
Take a very simple vanilla butter biscuit dough. Spread with plum jam and scatter with almond meal. Roll up swiss roll style. Slice and bake. The result? A gorgeous, very moreish biscuit. Short, buttery and delicious. Sometimes I use raspberry … Continue reading →
Sometimes a great recipe just happens to find you. These Honey Snaps with a Chocolate Ganache were baked by my daughters this weekend. As part of their chemistry homework. One hundred girls were given the recipe and told to bake … Continue reading →
I haven’t made Melting Moments in years. Not since my daughters were in kindergarten and I made a lemon curd version. Packaged in cellophane and tied with pretty ribbon for a school fete. My word associations for these delectable treats? … Continue reading →
I like to think of these as a fancy Anzac biscuit. With chocolate chips. Crisp and crunchy with a chocolate hit they are a perennial fixture in our biscuit barrel. A much healthier version of the much-loved chocolate chip cookie. … Continue reading →