Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Made From Scratch
We’ve always had a weakness for pizza at our house. In all its many guises… wood fired oven baked, barbecued on terracotta pavers, fried on the stove top pizzette style. Last year we acquired a shiny red electric bench-top pizza … Continue reading
I’m definitely a late comer to the masala chai tea party. My first taste was frankly quite off putting – a very bland and thin offering concocted with a barely waved chai tea bag introduced into a pot of hot … Continue reading
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
There’s a lot of mystery surrounding the perfect panna cotta. A traditional Italian dessert literally translating as “cooked cream” it consists simply of sweetened milk and cream, held together with a little bit of gelatin. The defining hallmark of a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Idea Under 200 Calories. Creamy Dairy Free Cauliflower and Leek Mash.
Sometimes a successful fast day is all about an interesting side to accompany a little lean grilled chicken, red meat or fish. In summer the challenge is most definitely easier, with a wide array of interesting salads able to be … Continue reading
When life gets busy and I’m travelling in the fast lane, I definitely do not want to spend a minute more in the kitchen than is absolutely necessary. Still wanting to eat beautiful, delicious food but never compromising on the … Continue reading
I’ve always had a huge soft spot for wagon wheels. Sadly those huge chocolate-y jammy biscuity discs so nostalgically and iconically reminiscent of many an Australian childhood seem to have shrunk in size. They were my all time favourite treat … Continue reading
It’s the tail end of winter, only a few more weeks to go and we’ll be transitioning into spring. A season of fresh new produce – asparagus, broad beans, peas, baby leeks, rhubarb and sweet strawberries. For the moment we’re … Continue reading
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading