Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Mozzarella
We’ve always had a weakness for pizza at our house. In all its many guises… wood fired oven baked, barbecued on terracotta pavers, fried on the stove top pizzette style. Last year we acquired a shiny red electric bench-top pizza … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
This post takes it’s inspiration from our in season abundance of beautifully fresh and vibrant spring greens. Casting around for something new and interesting to try, I recently stumbled across The Huffington Post’s article Donna Hay Has Reinvented Risotto and It’s … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Grilled Nectarine Salad With Prosciutto and Fresh Mozzarella.
It really is beginning to feel like summer. Stone fruit is putting in an early appearance at Farmer’s markets. This week I picked up punnets of sweet ripe nectarines. Lightly charred on a hot grill, paired with salty prosciutto and fresh … Continue reading
Our last leisurely family dinner before school goes back this week. A very special Neapolitan treat. Pizzette Fritte. Flash fried rounds of pizza dough topped with a simple tomato, oil and basil sugo and a sprinkling of mozzarella or grated Parmigiano cheese. … Continue reading
Russell’s Little Secret. Stone Pizza. With Ham, Sopressa, Capsicum, Confit Garlic, Basil and Mozzarella
Here is a pizza that I rustled up last night. Home-made pizza dough. Baked on a pizza stone. With ham, sopressa capsicum, confit garlic, basil and mozzarella. A tribute to the very resourceful Russell. Excuse the pun. Here is Russell’s beautiful wood-fired pizza … Continue reading