Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: To Serve with Drinks
High summer and we’re inundated with an abundance of impossibly sweet, gloriously fragrant , deeply hued vine ripened tomatoes. At the moment I can’t seem to get enough of the mini cherry and roma varieties. Little peak season flavour bombs … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Caprese Cocktail Santas.
December 1st and the silly season has well and truly started. A time for pre Christmas catch-ups, get togethers and cocktail parties. Full of conviviality, canapés and festive good cheer. Truly the most wonderful time of the year. In search … Continue reading
I’ve been making this delicious bruschetta for over a decade. The star of this meal? Plump, juicy tiger prawns doused in plenty of chilli, garlic and ginger. It’s a Jamie Oliver recipe from one of his earlier cookbooks Happy Days … Continue reading
Another trip down memory lane. This time the focus is on the great Australian potato scallop. More popularly referred to as the potato cake in our southern states. For me it’s the quintessential taste of the long summer school holidays. … Continue reading
Summer is all about simple meals that make good use of seasonal produce. Bursting with flavour the ingredients often don’t need very much preparation at all. On hot, sweltering days we love a casual mezze style of eating. Char grilled … Continue reading
Another feast day, another indulgence. This time a very simple canapé. Plump, luscious Medjool dates, split, seeded and filled with a perfectly ripe triple cream white mould cheese. Finished with a generous sprinkling of freshly roasted, crushed pistachio. A most … Continue reading
Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
It’s Spring, and the weather has been unseasonably warm. The perfect excuse to fire up the barbecue. My family has a penchant for anything marinated, skewered and grilled. No doubt a consequence of many a visit to the Japanese izakaya … Continue reading
Not so long ago we dropped by friends for a pre-dinner drink before heading out for a meal at a nearby restaurant. At the door we were greeted by the most delicious aroma. Home baked cheese biscuits. The perfect accompaniment … Continue reading
Sweet, earthy beetroot. Perfect fast day food. High in fibre and antioxidants. Low in calories and fat with an impressive energy count of only 45 calories per 100 grams. A cooler weather vegetable, beetroot also happens to be in abundant … Continue reading
Meltingly Delicious. King Island Double Cream Brie. Baked In Its Box With Garlic, White Wine and Thyme.
This is quite possibly the most decadent way to eat cheese ever invented. Based on the Swiss delicacy Baked Vacherin Mont D’Or. Seasonally enjoyed in the depths of winter with a good bottle of wine. It’s mid July and mighty … Continue reading