Most Popular Posts
- Dressed To Impress. Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Cream, Cherry Jam and Ganache.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Potato
Let’s start this conversation with a deceptively simple yet potentially polarising question. How do you prefer your potato salad? Dressed with mayonnaise? Or vinaigrette? On the subject of this summer barbecue and picnic staple, our household is steadfastly, almost irrevocably … Continue reading
If there is anything that reminds me of the sparkling blue waters of the Aegean Sea it’s Skordalia. A classic Greek dip made from very simple pantry ingredients; boiled potatoes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Often served in tavernas as an … Continue reading
This Sunday heralds the beginning of winter. Hard to fathom with our warm weather and blue sunny skies. It’s still t-shirt weather, our winter coats are hanging in the very back of our cupboards waiting for that elusive cold snap. … Continue reading
For The Weekend. Quick and Easy. Spicy Spanish Style Potato Omelette With Chorizo And Green Peppers.
It has been a while since I have posted a recipe for a Spanish style omelette. Laden with soft golden fried potatoes and onions, it truly is comforting and delicious. Reminiscent perhaps of an Italian frittata. Strictly speaking a tortilla … Continue reading
Another trip down memory lane. This time the focus is on the great Australian potato scallop. More popularly referred to as the potato cake in our southern states. For me it’s the quintessential taste of the long summer school holidays. … Continue reading
Sunday night dinner at home. A delicious and deeply satisfying slow baked potato gratin served with a side salad. A firm family favourite. Lush and creamy on the inside with a burnished golden crust. Best of all, after just a … Continue reading
Back in Sydney after days of holiday eating I’ve decided to squeeze in a fast day before the weekend. The bottom line? One fast day this week is better than none. Thankfully the 5-2 diet is proving to be a … Continue reading
Sunday night tray bake. Family food. After the sudden onset of chilly weather and a busy weekend of sport, sport and more sport it fits the bill perfectly. Warm and filling. Quick and easy to prepare. Another dish that looks after … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
Autumn has finally descended upon Sydney. There is a definite chill in the air. Cooler weather is synonymous with comfort food. In my books there is nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a big bowl of warming soup. … Continue reading
Annabel Langbein’s Crusty Flat Bread Recipe. Mashed Potato Dough.Three Ways. With Rosemary and Salt. Focaccia. Pizza.
Last night marked the beginning of school holidays and I promised my children pizza for dinner. Baked at home. Originally I was going to make stone baked pizza on the barbecue but on a whim decided to try something a … Continue reading