Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Tomato
We’ve always had a weakness for pizza at our house. In all its many guises… wood fired oven baked, barbecued on terracotta pavers, fried on the stove top pizzette style. Last year we acquired a shiny red electric bench-top pizza … Continue reading
Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
I know. I have a confession to make. It’s been over a month since my last post. Not intentionally by any means, more of an unplanned sabbatical. Sometimes everyday life just takes over and before you know it time runs … Continue reading
High summer and we’re inundated with an abundance of impossibly sweet, gloriously fragrant , deeply hued vine ripened tomatoes. At the moment I can’t seem to get enough of the mini cherry and roma varieties. Little peak season flavour bombs … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Ottolenghi’s Pomegranate, Tomato And Roasted Lemon Salad.
First post back after an extended Christmas New Year break and I’m slowly and rather reluctantly easing myself back into a 5-2 fast day routine. It’s alarming how quickly two weeks of unfettered feasting and convivial bonhomie can suddenly feel … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Caprese Cocktail Santas.
December 1st and the silly season has well and truly started. A time for pre Christmas catch-ups, get togethers and cocktail parties. Full of conviviality, canapés and festive good cheer. Truly the most wonderful time of the year. In search … Continue reading
Hiding beneath this cheesy golden crust? Big bold Mediterranean flavours of an oven roasted ratatouille. A delicious medley of eggplant, capsicum, tomato and zucchini ensconced in a flaky pastry deep dish quiche. Each bite redolent of the promise of … Continue reading
Two of our most loved family meals are home-made ricotta ravioli and gnocchi. I’ve previously posted two recipes for gnocchi on this blog; the first for traditional potato gnocchi and another for an easy midweek time saving variation substitiuting ricotta. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Melanie’s Barley Wrap Pizza.
We’ve been enjoying more than our fair share of pizza at our house courtesy of our red bench-top pizza oven. Even on 5-2 fast days, thanks to Melanie, one of my very generous followers, who has shared her recipes for … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Brunch Bruschetta With Soft Poached Egg and Avocado Salsa
It has been quite a while since I posted a fast day breakfast or brunch idea. Usually I prefer to save the majority of my calories for a substantial dinner, but every now and then I vary the routine and … Continue reading