Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Slow Food. Neil Perry's Chinese-Style Braised Beef Ribs.
- Eat, Fast And Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 200 Calories.
- The Taste Of Spring. Simply Delightful. Jerusalem's Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon.
- Sweet And Simple. Oven Dried Strawberries.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Category Archives: Pasta
Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
I know. I have a confession to make. It’s been over a month since my last post. Not intentionally by any means, more of an unplanned sabbatical. Sometimes everyday life just takes over and before you know it time runs … Continue reading
When life gets busy and I’m travelling in the fast lane, I definitely do not want to spend a minute more in the kitchen than is absolutely necessary. Still wanting to eat beautiful, delicious food but never compromising on the … Continue reading
I have a confession to make. Until last week I had never made macaroni and cheese. Not ever. Perhaps because the go to pasta dish in our house has always been pasticcio; a deliciously molten mass of baked pasta, bolognaise, … Continue reading
Two of our most loved family meals are home-made ricotta ravioli and gnocchi. I’ve previously posted two recipes for gnocchi on this blog; the first for traditional potato gnocchi and another for an easy midweek time saving variation substitiuting ricotta. … Continue reading
While our wintry weekends are all about slow food, for our midweek meals I’m always on the lookout for the quick and easy but tasty option to keep the troops satisfied and well fed. Enter Pasta Alla Puttanesca. A robust … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Sesame And Shitake Mushroom Soba Noodles With Crispy Kale.
Today’s fast day offering is an amalgam of some of my favourite super foods; buckwheat, kale, mushrooms and sesame into a simple but tasty noodle dish. Soba is Japanese for buckwheat, so it should come as no surprise that soba … Continue reading
This recipe is from my arsenal of what to put on the table for dinner when time is short and everyone is very, very hungry. For those incredibly busy days when my schedule progressively backs up into a colliding, ever-expanding … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
This must be my family’s all time favourite soup. Comfort eating at its very best. Simple to prepare. Delicious to eat. Combining three fabulous ingredients. Chicken soup, pork wonton and deep fried tofu puffs. Homemade chicken soup is pretty much … Continue reading
Waste Not. Want Not. From An Italian Mama’s Kitchen. Pasta With Broccoli, Pancetta, Chilli And Garlic.
With three teenagers I always seem to be in the car. Driving them to one or another of their sport or extracurricular commitments. More often than not I’m stuck in traffic. Listening to the radio. The other day I happened … Continue reading