Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Crisp, Crunchy and Healthy. Oven Baked Panko and Parmesan Crumbed Zucchini Fries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Salmon
This has to be one of my favourite stand by recipes. Maximum flavour for very little effort. So much so that I have taken to keeping vacuum packed hot smoked trout in my fridge for last minute emergency entertaining. It … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I bookmarked an intriguing article from the Good Food lift out of The Sydney Morning Herald titled Simple Sous Vide For The Home, Minus The Fancy Equipment. Sous vide has taken the culinary world by … Continue reading
This Tuesday, the first Tuesday in November, it’s Melbourne Cup Day here in Australia. The race that stops a nation. Literally. At 3.00 pm sharp. A day for sweeps, calcuttas and flutters at the races all over the country. Hats … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Little Bit of Luxury. Slow Baked Salmon with Preserved Lemon Chermoula and Soft Herbs.
Vibrant. Succulent. Deeply infused with the taste and flavour of Morocco. Slow oven baked salmon. Crusted with a preserved lemon chermoula and soft herbs. A little bit of luxury on a 5-2 fast day. Another recipe that effortlessly ticks all … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Man Sized Fast Day. Seared Salmon Fillet With Lemon, Garlic and Chilli Roasted Cauliflower.
The guidelines for the fast day diet clearly stipulate that women should not consume more than 500 calories on a fast day. Men have a slightly more generous 600 calorie allowance. The only comment I can make about my latest … Continue reading
Christmas is just twelve days away. Time to seriously think about what will be on the menu for Christmas lunch. Here is our starter. A very sophisticated but deceptively simple Salmon Tartare. Courtesy of Stéphane at My French Heaven. I could … Continue reading
How ironic! I wrote this post last night when the weather was warm and balmy. What a difference a day makes! Temperatures have dropped, there has been a steady drizzle of rain all morning. What’s more we are bracing for afternoon storms. … Continue reading