Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- What To Bake With Leftover Egg Whites. Dainty Little Almond Tea Cakes. Raspberry and Lemon Friands.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Author Archives: thepaddingtonfoodie
We’ve always had a weakness for pizza at our house. In all its many guises… wood fired oven baked, barbecued on terracotta pavers, fried on the stove top pizzette style. Last year we acquired a shiny red electric bench-top pizza … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
This post takes it’s inspiration from our in season abundance of beautifully fresh and vibrant spring greens. Casting around for something new and interesting to try, I recently stumbled across The Huffington Post’s article Donna Hay Has Reinvented Risotto and It’s … Continue reading
Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
I know. I have a confession to make. It’s been over a month since my last post. Not intentionally by any means, more of an unplanned sabbatical. Sometimes everyday life just takes over and before you know it time runs … Continue reading
I’m definitely a late comer to the masala chai tea party. My first taste was frankly quite off putting – a very bland and thin offering concocted with a barely waved chai tea bag introduced into a pot of hot … Continue reading
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Poached Egg With Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Soldiers.
For me one of the first signs that Spring has well and truly arrived is the appearance of plump, emerald green spears of sweet and tender new season asparagus. I love nothing better than to swaddle them in salty prosciutto. … Continue reading
There’s a lot of mystery surrounding the perfect panna cotta. A traditional Italian dessert literally translating as “cooked cream” it consists simply of sweetened milk and cream, held together with a little bit of gelatin. The defining hallmark of a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Charred Watermelon With Chilli, Lime, Mint and Feta.
I can’t quite recall where I first encountered the idea of charred watermelon. It does sound incongruous and strange; the searing of a cool and refreshing summer fruit on a hot barbecue or grill, but it’s a juxtaposition of hot … Continue reading
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading