Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: honey
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Yoghurt Drops With Cranberries and Pistachio.
With Christmas just three sleeps away and festive feasting in full swing, it’s not entirely surprising that the wheels are slowly wobbling off my 5-2 fasting wagon. I remember reading somewhere that on average Australians gain 0.8 to 1.5 kg … Continue reading
Are you up for the challenge? What to make when asked to bring a gluten free, dairy free and nut free sweet treat to an early Christmas get-together? This request almost had me stumped. Sometimes it helps not to over … Continue reading
I’ve always loved seeded crisp-bread. Crisp and crunchy it’s delicious on its own, yet pairs beautifully with an endless array of dips, charcuterie and cheese board. There is a well known brand I purchase almost by the trolley load at … Continue reading
Slow roasted pork belly has always been a favourite in our home. Meltingly tender with a crisp crackle crust. In summer we enjoy our pork belly with a refreshing vinaigrette based coleslaw. In Winter, however, we turn to a richer … Continue reading
Sometimes I’m too tired to think about what to cook. I want something simple. Capable of being thrown together without too much thought. A no-brainer. A crowd pleaser. These sticky oven-roasted chicken drumsticks fit the bill. Perfectly. Tender and delicious. … Continue reading
Its December First. Hello Summer. Another hot, humid, sticky day. We woke to a summer rain storm. Today’s headline in the Sydney Morning Herald reads “Summer in the City…and its Hot, Hot, Hot”. Somehow I don’t think its going to … Continue reading
One of my daughters swims. Five mornings a week. I am very fortunate that my husband is an early riser and invariably will drop her off at the pool at 5.30 or 6 am! My end of the bargain is … Continue reading
Remember the tag line for Hoadley’s Violet Crumble – it’s the shatter that matters? Growing up I adored Violet Crumble – tooth achingly sweet honeycomb bars smothered in chocolate. After all these years, I’m still a fiercely loyal devotee, give me a Violet Crumble any … Continue reading