Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Spring Onions
What’s thriving in the winter vegetable garden? Cauliflower. Gorgeous creamy heads by the wheelbarrow load. Here’s an interesting bit of trivia. Cauliflower heads, technically known as curds, consist of intricate whorls of tiny flower buds. The heavy green leaves that … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Inspired By…Spontaneous Tomato. Avgolemono. Greek Egg & Lemon Soup.
With the weather finally cooling down a little it’s time to start re-introducing soup back into my 5-2 repertoire. As soon as I saw Allison from Spontaneous Tomato’s post for Avgolemono (Egg and Lemon) Soup I knew that I had found … Continue reading
Spring brings warmer weather and lighter, healthier meals. After a winter of warming soups and satisfying comfort food, salads make a welcome reappearance to the dinner table. Fast days suddenly become so much easier – a smoothie, a salad and … Continue reading
Dainty and Delicious. Old Fashioned Pinwheel and Finger Sandwiches With a Classic Chicken Mayonnaise Filling.
When was the last time you had a good old-fashioned chicken sandwich? Those dainty tea sandwich offerings associated with high tea and bring a plate gatherings. Poached chicken combined with herbs and home-made mayonnaise. A little celery for crunch. Crustless. … Continue reading
One of the highlights of any trip to Japan must be a visit to a traditional izakaya. Not quite bar, not quite restaurant. Izakaya are warm, cosy, happy places. The perfect venue to catch up with friends for a beer, … Continue reading
Sometimes I’m too tired to think about what to cook. I want something simple. Capable of being thrown together without too much thought. A no-brainer. A crowd pleaser. These sticky oven-roasted chicken drumsticks fit the bill. Perfectly. Tender and delicious. … Continue reading
This time when we returned from Canberra the boot of our car was filled with plums, tomatoes, sweetcorn, spinach, sweet basil, capsicum, cucumbers and zucchini. All freshly picked from my father’s garden. And two enormous bunches of hydrangea in hues … Continue reading
We returned from our visit to Canberra with a carload of fresh, seasonal vegetables courtesy of my father’s garden: asparagus, beetroot, celery, cauliflower, spring onions, spinach, silverbeet, rocket, lettuce, raddicchio, snow peas and parsley. Beautiful organic produce in copious quantities. My children adore my … Continue reading