Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Silverbeet
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Pumpkin and Spinach Dahl.
As always, we returned from our Easter long weekend road trip with a car boot full of organic produce from my father’s autumn garden. Each time we visit my family in Canberra I am reminded what a privilege it is … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Lemon, Silverbeet and Green Lentil Soup.
A big bowl of hearty, rustic lentil soup. The perfect antidote to an extended long Easter weekend of of unfettered overindulgence. This Lemon, Silverbeet and Lentil Soup is wholesome and nourishing, jam-packed with in season produce picked from my father’s vegetable … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Ancient Grains. Farro Pilaf with Swiss Brown Mushrooms, Silverbeet and Broccolini
After a long weekend of unfettered overindulgence the focus of my my next fast day was on wholesome, nourishing and restorative eating. Recently there seems to have been a resurgence in interest in cooking with ancient grains. Widely acknowledged to … Continue reading
We returned from our visit to Canberra with a carload of fresh, seasonal vegetables courtesy of my father’s garden: asparagus, beetroot, celery, cauliflower, spring onions, spinach, silverbeet, rocket, lettuce, raddicchio, snow peas and parsley. Beautiful organic produce in copious quantities. My children adore my … Continue reading