Most Popular Posts
- Toffee Apples For Grown Ups. Sweet, Crisp and Crunchy. Oven Baked Apple Chips With A Toffee Drizzle.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other followers
Tag Archives: Pastry
I love these little pastries. Their crisp and flaky exterior hide a sweet, rich and creamy surprise. A lovely lemon scented custard made with basic pantry ingredients semolina, sugar, butter and milk, and counter intuitively – no eggs. Whisked up … Continue reading
Sometimes milestones have a way of quietly sneaking up on you and taking you by surprise. Like this one. A little over two years and 500 posts later, I’m amazed that I’m still blogging. Albeit nowhere near as prolifically as … Continue reading
Last Friday my aunt and I spent a pleasant afternoon chopping and soaking fruit for this year’s Christmas pudding. This week the pudding will be made and steamed and put away in a dark cool place to mature. We’re keeping … Continue reading
It’s Spring and all of a sudden this week our garden has come alive with the heady scent of masses of orange jessamine and citrus blossoms. Inspiring me to make this celebratory Bittersweet Chocolate Tart scented with a little more … Continue reading
It’s been bitterly cold and wet for the last ten days and my family has well and truly embraced comfort food. Soups, braises, curries, mashed potatoes and to top it all off crisp and flaky home-made sausage rolls. Hearty, moreish … Continue reading
I’ve always loved baklava. Layers of crisp impossibly light flaky pastry studded with a crunchy spiced nut mixture. Soaked in fragrant sweet syrup. For years satiating my cravings for baklava were easy with a quick trip to a Greek, Turkish … Continue reading
Summer is all about simple meals that make good use of seasonal produce. Bursting with flavour the ingredients often don’t need very much preparation at all. On hot, sweltering days we love a casual mezze style of eating. Char grilled … Continue reading
I’ve always been partial to a well made frangipane tart. A crisp and light pastry shell bursting with almond frangipane cream and seasonal fruit. The markets are awash with rhubarb, its natural tartness a perfect foil for the delicate sweetness of the … Continue reading
For a long time I have been wanting to make Crostoli. Fried ribbons of crisp pastry. Liberally dusted with icing sugar. Eaten all over Italy on celebration days. Easter, Christmas, Christenings and family get togethers. This long weekend we travelled … Continue reading
Just before Easter our extended family gathered together for a bittersweet reunion. To say good-bye and celebrate the long and well lived life of our dear Nono. There were a few tears. And many, many happy memories associated with his … Continue reading