Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Adapting Recipes To Fit The Brief. Green Goddess Dressing With Avocado and Greek Yoghurt.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Fruit Mince
Keeping To Time Honoured Christmas Traditions. Festive Fruit Mince Scrolls.
Last Friday my aunt and I spent a pleasant afternoon chopping and soaking fruit for this year’s Christmas pudding. This week the pudding will be made and steamed and put away in a dark cool place to mature. We’re keeping … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Christmas, Festive, Food, Fruit Mince, Lemon, Mixed Spice, Pastry, Scrolls 5 Comments
Christmas Pantry Essentials. Homemade Fruit Mince. Two Ways. Traditional And With A Modern Twist.
This week I was inspired by a gorgeous photo of fruit mince rippled meringues in the latest edition of Cuisine magazine to make my first batch of Christmas fruit mince of the season. A now well established Christmas pantry essential in … Continue reading
Posted in Fruit, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apples, Brandy, Christmas, Currants, Fruit Mince, Lemon, Mixed Peel, Nuts, Raisins, Sultanas 8 Comments
Any Fool Can Cook. Modern Fruit Mince Tarts.
My husband loves fruit mince tarts. When we were first married I always used to buy them for him from the Queen St Deli. Hand-made by a little old lady at Christmas time. Then one day I found this recipe … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Baking, Christmas, Food, Fruit Mince, Lemon, Mixed Spice, Pastry, Pecan 4 Comments