Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Apple
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Apple, Fennel And Celery Slaw With A Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette.
In the winter months when I’m craving salad I make slaw. Usually with red and white cabbages, always in plentiful supply in the cooler weather, and whatever other fresh produce is available at the markets. Usually carrots, celery, fennel, beetroot, … Continue reading
Much to my family’s delight I’ve been banishing the winter blues with a renewed interest in baking. As always school holidays mean a full house and quickly depleting fridge and pantry courtesy of a contingent of constantly ravenous teenagers on … Continue reading
There’s a definite sense of comforting nostalgia associated with delving deep into my bottom kitchen drawer to retrieve a long forgotten favourite recipe. A trip down memory lane, resurrecting recipes for good old fashioned treats. The sort our nannas might have … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad With Crispy Bacon, Apple, Hazelnuts and Farro.
I’ve always loved warm winter salads. Especially when they include shards of crispy bacon. Take a closer look, the star of this salad is the humble, much maligned Brussels Sprout. Cleverly deconstructed into leaves and hearts and roasted in a … Continue reading
Pretty little Apple Rose Tartlets have been populating my Instagram feed. Darling bijoux works of art constructed from little more than layers of thinly sliced apple and butter puff. So impossibly gorgeous, my interest could not help but be piqued. … Continue reading
One of the things I love most about school holidays is the welcome change of pace from a frenetic, breakneck speed to an almost leisurely meandering. Time to stop and smell the roses. Throw routine out the window and indulge … Continue reading
This week has been a frantic whirlwind of activity. With Easter coinciding with the end of school term holidays, I’m looking forward to having all my family under one roof and getting away for a long weekend break. There will … Continue reading
Last Friday my aunt and I spent a pleasant afternoon chopping and soaking fruit for this year’s Christmas pudding. This week the pudding will be made and steamed and put away in a dark cool place to mature. We’re keeping … Continue reading
You may recall that last week I muddled my dates and prepared a Rustic Farmhouse Terrine for a Father’s Day lunchtime charcuterie plate a whole week early. The success of that terrine was undisputed. It was enjoyed with great gusto … Continue reading
I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. The last thing I wanted to do on a cold, dreary, drizzly winter’s day was leave the cosy confines of our home to make a regular Sunday morning pilgrimage to the bakery. … Continue reading