Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Apple
Winter breakfasts to go in our house consist of ready made jars of creamy steel cut oats and compote in the refrigerator and an ever changing combination of fruit and nut studded muffins in the freezer. Together they provide warming, … Continue reading
Steel cut oats have just entered my universe and they are fantastic. Luxurious and comforting, a bowl of warming oats never tasted so good. With winter just around the corner I’ve been on the lookout for an easy, portable breakfast … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Sweet Potato and Leek Soup With Apple and Ginger.
Rain has brought some welcome relief from the relentless humidity we have been experiencing of late. For the past few days it seems that Autumn has at last made its tardy appearance. Today’s 5-2 fast day idea is a decadently … Continue reading
Tis the season to be thankful. Thursday 28th November is Thanksgiving Day in North America. Whilst we do not celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, preferring to save our turkey for the Christmas table, I thought I would share with you … Continue reading
I’ve eaten many cinnamon scrolls in my time but have never attempted to bake them myself. Until yesterday. Inspired by Lindy from A Taste of Wintergreen’s wonderful post Love On A Platter. They say a picture paints a thousand words, … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Feast For Your Eyes. Deconstructed and Stacked Waldorf Salad with A Lemon and Honey Yoghurt Dressing.
Since locating the safety guard for my mandolin I’ve been slicing with a vengeance. Sweet and savoury oven baked crisps, coleslaws and potato bakes. Here is a gorgeous and fresh 5-2 challenge fast day idea using my mandolin and two … Continue reading
I have been meaning to make Ottolenghi’s stylish little tea cakes for over a year now. I even have a barely used mini bundt tray languishing in my kitchen cupboard, originally purchased in anticipation of the event. Today was finally … Continue reading
What to bake with all the egg whites leftover from my husband’s birthday mousse cake. Something fruity and delicious. Raspberry and lemon friands definitely hit the sweet spot today. Dainty little almond tea cakes that disappear in a few bites. … Continue reading
Tuesday night in our house is all about using up the contents of the fridge before our weekly grocery shop. This week’s inventory included half a packet of wonton wrappers left over from our weekend ricotta ravioli fix. Perfect for … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Winter Greens. Radicchio and Endive Salad with Fennel, Apple, Crisp Pancetta and Roasted Hazelnuts.
It’s mid winter and I’m craving salad. Winter greens are far more robust than their more popular summer siblings. Crisp with a crunchy texture and slightly bitter taste my favourite winter greens have to be baby endive with its delicate, curly, … Continue reading