Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Sweet Potato
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories.Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Loaded With Spiced Lamb.
Every now and then a deliciously satisfying 5-2 fast day recipe idea comes along that actually makes me forget that I am fasting. This is one of them. In my books baked stuffed potatoes have always been well and truly … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Sweet Potato And Green Bean Frittata With Smoked Salmon.
Happily I can report that Week One back on the 5-2 bandwagon was an overwhelming success, even after a long ten week hiatus. In the scheme of things, I’ve always found Mondays to be particularly easy; a welcome respite and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Oven Baked Sweet Potato And Carrot Rosti.
A new week, another fast day recipe idea. Inspired, yet again, by my favourite new kitchen gadget, a mint green handheld spiraliser. This time around sweet potato and carrot simply and easily transformed into long thin strands in mere moments. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Oven Baked Sweet Potato Crisps.
We’re on the cusp of Spring and very much looking forward to the new season’s bounty of garden fresh offerings. For the moment, however, working through the last leg of winter, we’re making do with an abundance of root and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Sweet Potato and Leek Soup With Apple and Ginger.
Rain has brought some welcome relief from the relentless humidity we have been experiencing of late. For the past few days it seems that Autumn has at last made its tardy appearance. Today’s 5-2 fast day idea is a decadently … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Lamb Shank, Sweet Potato and Barley Salad With Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs.
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago I don’t think that I would have been prepared to place this salad on the family dinner table. I can just imagine my suspicious teenagers trawling through their plates and removing … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cauliflower Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Sweet Potato.
For quite some time I have been reading about cauliflower rice. Finely grated cauliflower, steamed and served as a healthy, low calorie, low carbohydrate alternative to regular rice. Whilst I have never tried cauliflower “rice” it started me thinking. I’ve always … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Hearty Winter Meal. Pot Roasted Pork Scotch Fillet with Onions and Sweet Potato.
Due to the Queen’s Birthday long weekend and a diary full of commitments, this week I have had to complete both my fast days in close proximity with a single feast day in between. I don’t know if it was … Continue reading
Couscous. Sounds exotic. Contrary to popular opinion its a pasta, not a grain. Made by mixing semolina with water, and then shaping it into little “grains”. Pasta or grain. It doesn’t really matter. This Moroccan staple is extremely versatile and pairs well … Continue reading