Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Peas
The 5-2 Challenge. Fresh, Delicious and Vibrant. A Fast Day Guacamole With Crushed Spring Peas.
I love guacamole and have been preparing it for years. Most times I vary the recipe to accommodate what is readily available at the market and in my herb garden. With avocado season in full swing my fruit bowl is … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Coriander, Fasting Diet, Gluten free, Guacamole, Mint, Peas, Tomato 2 Comments
The 5-2 Challenge. A Fast Day Roast. Frenched Rack of Lamb With Dijon Mustard and Mint.
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading
Posted in Lamb, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, Fasting Diet, Food, Intermittent Fasting, Lamb, Mint, Peas, Roast, Tzatziki 11 Comments
Chicken, Leek, Fennel and Mushroom Pot Pies with Peas
The psychology of pie. Put a casserole, stew, braise or even a curry into a ramekin. Blanket with pastry. Call it a pot pie. Watch it disappear. I learnt this trick to tempt fussy eaters a very long time ago. … Continue reading
Massaman Lamb Shanks with Sweet Potato and Peas
Its October and that means tender spring lamb is in season. At this time of year lamb shanks are readily available at the butcher, and they are sweeter, smaller and more delicious than at almost any other time of year. … Continue reading
Posted in Lamb, What I Love to Cook Tagged Curry, Dinner, Food, Lamb, Massaman, Peas, Recipe, Sweet Potato Comments Off on Massaman Lamb Shanks with Sweet Potato and Peas
Pasta with Confit of Zucchini, Peas, Garlic, Chilli, Spinach and Pecorino
A couple of times a week, I’ll serve up a vegetarian meal. My family adores pasta in any form, and this recipe is a firm, family favourite. Its light and delicious, and we love the way the zucchini takes on a rich, … Continue reading
Posted in Pasta, Vegetables, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged Chilli, Food, Garlic, Pasta, Peas, Pecorino, Spinach, Spring, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Zucchini Comments Off on Pasta with Confit of Zucchini, Peas, Garlic, Chilli, Spinach and Pecorino
Quintessentially Spring. Broad Bean, Pea and Mint Bruschetta with Pecorino
I really do try to make an effort to eat produce that is ripe and in season; its bursting with flavour, good for you and doesn’t need too much fussing about in its preparation. Spring has well and truly arrived here in Sydney, … Continue reading
Posted in To Serve with Drinks, Vegetables, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged Broad beans, Bruschetta, Food, Italian, Lunch, Mint, Peas, Pecorino, Recipe, Spring, Vegetables, Vegetarian 2 Comments