Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Pasta with Confit of Zucchini, Peas, Garlic, Chilli, Spinach and Pecorino
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Roast
Another Winter Warmer. Sticky Soy And Honey Roasted Pork Belly with Crisp Crackle.
Slow roasted pork belly has always been a favourite in our home. Meltingly tender with a crisp crackle crust. In summer we enjoy our pork belly with a refreshing vinaigrette based coleslaw. In Winter, however, we turn to a richer … Continue reading
Posted in Pork, What I Love to Cook Tagged Asian, Crackle, honey, Pork, Pork Belly, Roast, Soy, Winter 2 Comments
Ooh La La. Gigot De Sept Heures. Slow Cooked Seven Hour Leg Of Lamb With Haricot Bean Puree.
This week we celebrated a mid winter Bastille Day with a meltingly tender slow cooked seven hour leg of lamb, Gigot de Sept Heures. An easy set and forget dish that filled the house with an incredible aroma all day … Continue reading
Posted in Lamb, What I Love to Cook Tagged Bastille Day, Cannellini, French, Lamb, Mash, Onions, Roast, Slow Food, Winter 7 Comments
The 5-2 Challenge. A Fast Day Roast. Frenched Rack of Lamb With Dijon Mustard and Mint.
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading
Posted in Lamb, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, Fasting Diet, Food, Intermittent Fasting, Lamb, Mint, Peas, Roast, Tzatziki 11 Comments
Australia’s National Dish. Sunday Roast Leg of Lamb. Scented With Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary.
Roast leg of lamb holds a very special place at the Australian dinner table. Especially on a Sunday. So much so that earlier this month roast lamb won first place in Australia’s National Dish campaign. Deeply ingrained in our national … Continue reading
Posted in Lamb, What I Love to Cook Tagged Food, Garlic, Lamb, Lemon, Red Wine Gravy, Roast, Rosemary 8 Comments
From Our Family Table. Christmas Turkey. Brined, Roasted and Stuffed.
Success! There is really only one way to describe our brined, roasted and stuffed turkey. Moist, flavoursome and delicious. Appreciated by our guests. And most importantly completely demolished. Always a good sign. A most fitting finale for my Christmas recipe … Continue reading
Posted in Poultry, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apples, Brine, Caramelised Onions, Christmas, Food, Gravy, Roast, Sage, Stuffing, Turkey 3 Comments
Midweek Roast. Chicken and Potatoes with Chilli, Garlic and Lemon.
There are some days where any one would be excused for thinking that I moonlight as a professional chauffeur. I spend hours from late afternoon to early evening ferrying girls from one after school activity to another. I am just … Continue reading
Posted in Poultry, Vegetables, What I Love to Cook Tagged Chicken, Chilli, Dinner, Food, Garlic, Lemon, Potato, Recipe, Roast, Vegetables 4 Comments