Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Roast
Slow roasted pork belly has always been a favourite in our home. Meltingly tender with a crisp crackle crust. In summer we enjoy our pork belly with a refreshing vinaigrette based coleslaw. In Winter, however, we turn to a richer … Continue reading
This week we celebrated a mid winter Bastille Day with a meltingly tender slow cooked seven hour leg of lamb, Gigot de Sept Heures. An easy set and forget dish that filled the house with an incredible aroma all day … Continue reading
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading
Roast leg of lamb holds a very special place at the Australian dinner table. Especially on a Sunday. So much so that earlier this month roast lamb won first place in Australia’s National Dish campaign. Deeply ingrained in our national … Continue reading
Success! There is really only one way to describe our brined, roasted and stuffed turkey. Moist, flavoursome and delicious. Appreciated by our guests. And most importantly completely demolished. Always a good sign. A most fitting finale for my Christmas recipe … Continue reading
There are some days where any one would be excused for thinking that I moonlight as a professional chauffeur. I spend hours from late afternoon to early evening ferrying girls from one after school activity to another. I am just … Continue reading