Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Asian
Slow roasted pork belly has always been a favourite in our home. Meltingly tender with a crisp crackle crust. In summer we enjoy our pork belly with a refreshing vinaigrette based coleslaw. In Winter, however, we turn to a richer … Continue reading
This Sunday heralds the beginning of winter. Hard to fathom with our warm weather and blue sunny skies. It’s still t-shirt weather, our winter coats are hanging in the very back of our cupboards waiting for that elusive cold snap. … Continue reading
I think I may have just found a new way to gain favour and influence over my teenage son. As anyone with an adolescent boy in their house will tell you they seem to be perpetually hungry and always on … Continue reading
It may be Autumn but the heat and humidity show little sign of abating. When it’s stifling hot I like to eat salad. Easy to eat. Easy to prepare. Today’s 5-2 fast day offering is an Asian inspired coleslaw. It may … Continue reading
Our son’s all time favourite meals is ribs. Caveman style. Huge meaty racks of them, covered in a sticky marinade, braised in the oven until soft and tender, and finished on the barbecue until nicely charred and lightly caramelised. As … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Asian Style Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup.
I love Asian style soups. A delicious study of contrasting flavours, colour and textures, this Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup is incredibly satisfying. Filled with fragrant spices, silky strands of shredded chicken, crunchy roasted corn and delicate tendrils of … Continue reading
Chilli jam. Another of my pantry staples. Incredibly versatile, it can be used anywhere you need a sweet and spicy flavour hit. A key ingredient in one of our favourite meals, Thai Chicken Stir Fry With Sweet Chilli Jam and Cashews. Not … Continue reading
In my mind a summer BBQ is synonymous with easy and relaxed entertaining. I can’t think of an easier way to feed a crowd than grilled chicken skewers. The secret to a tender, juicy, succulent chicken skewer? Use thigh fillets … Continue reading