Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Spring Onion
Our long summer holidays spell a rolling caravan of beautifully fresh, simply prepared seafood feasts. Fish and chips at the beach. Freshly shucked oysters au naturel. Platefuls of fried flathead fillets with beer battered potato scallops. Calamari fritti. Slow baked salmon … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Chinese Style Steamed Eggplant Salad.
I adore eggpant. Cooked well it’s meltingly soft, smooth, creamy and delicious. We regularly enjoy it in so many of its different guises; fried, battered, grilled, stuffed, pureed, stewed, roasted and even pickled. It marries well with robust Mediterranean and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Chickpea, Tuna and Fennel Salad.
Tins of tuna and chickpeas have pretty much always been essential standby pantry items in my kitchen. They come in handy and are so very versatile when the cupboard is almost bare and I need to pull together a meal … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Brunch Bruschetta With Soft Poached Egg and Avocado Salsa
It has been quite a while since I posted a fast day breakfast or brunch idea. Usually I prefer to save the majority of my calories for a substantial dinner, but every now and then I vary the routine and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Jerusalem’s Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs With Spring Onion and Cumin.
My fascination with all things Ottolenghi continues. Last Spring with the markets awash with broad beans I fell in love with Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s recipe for Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon published in their stunning … Continue reading
To commemorate the first day of summer we fired up the barbecue and roasted a couple of ears of corn. This incredibly healthy and delicious Grilled Corn Salsa is very easy to prepare, playing a starring role in a low … Continue reading
Luscious And Fragrant. The First Mangoes Of The Season. Fresh Mango Salsa With Lime, Chilli and Spring Onion.
Mango season has well and truly arrived here in Australia. Starting early with the first tray of mangoes for the 2013 season selling for $30,000 at a charity auction at the Sydney Markets in September. That’s a whopping $2,500 per … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Asian Style Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup.
I love Asian style soups. A delicious study of contrasting flavours, colour and textures, this Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup is incredibly satisfying. Filled with fragrant spices, silky strands of shredded chicken, crunchy roasted corn and delicate tendrils of … Continue reading
Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
It’s Spring, and the weather has been unseasonably warm. The perfect excuse to fire up the barbecue. My family has a penchant for anything marinated, skewered and grilled. No doubt a consequence of many a visit to the Japanese izakaya … Continue reading