Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- A Blast From The Past. Retro Popcorn. Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Salsa
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Brunch Bruschetta With Soft Poached Egg and Avocado Salsa
It has been quite a while since I posted a fast day breakfast or brunch idea. Usually I prefer to save the majority of my calories for a substantial dinner, but every now and then I vary the routine and … Continue reading
It’s end of semester break, that means school holidays and a full house with my son home for three weeks. There’s also a definite emphasis on dude food as I try to keep up with a six foot four eating … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. A Classic Catalan Salsa. Romesco Sauce.
This weekend at a barbeque at my friend Ros’ home I was reacquainted with Romesco sauce. A deep, earthy, smoky salsa made from roasted capsicum, chilli, tomato, onion and garlic. Pounded to a paste and thickened with nuts and a … Continue reading
Luscious And Fragrant. The First Mangoes Of The Season. Fresh Mango Salsa With Lime, Chilli and Spring Onion.
Mango season has well and truly arrived here in Australia. Starting early with the first tray of mangoes for the 2013 season selling for $30,000 at a charity auction at the Sydney Markets in September. That’s a whopping $2,500 per … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Taste of Mexico. Homemade Corn Tortilla. Served With Grilled Chicken In An Achiote Citrus Marinade And A Roasted Corn and Grape Tomato Salsa.
Before I know it another fast day rolls by. If truth be known today I found the prospect of fasting rather inconvenient. Today I had my heart set on making corn tortillas. From scratch. I’ve just spent the better part … Continue reading