Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Corn
It’s end of semester break, that means school holidays and a full house with my son home for three weeks. There’s also a definite emphasis on dude food as I try to keep up with a six foot four eating … Continue reading
To commemorate the first day of summer we fired up the barbecue and roasted a couple of ears of corn. This incredibly healthy and delicious Grilled Corn Salsa is very easy to prepare, playing a starring role in a low … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Asian Style Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup.
I love Asian style soups. A delicious study of contrasting flavours, colour and textures, this Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup is incredibly satisfying. Filled with fragrant spices, silky strands of shredded chicken, crunchy roasted corn and delicate tendrils of … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Taste of Mexico. Homemade Corn Tortilla. Served With Grilled Chicken In An Achiote Citrus Marinade And A Roasted Corn and Grape Tomato Salsa.
Before I know it another fast day rolls by. If truth be known today I found the prospect of fasting rather inconvenient. Today I had my heart set on making corn tortillas. From scratch. I’ve just spent the better part … Continue reading
This time when we returned from Canberra the boot of our car was filled with plums, tomatoes, sweetcorn, spinach, sweet basil, capsicum, cucumbers and zucchini. All freshly picked from my father’s garden. And two enormous bunches of hydrangea in hues … Continue reading
Chicken Soup. Medicine for the soul. The ultimate comfort food and oh so very versatile. Here’s another of my family’s favourite soups. Spicy Corn and Ginger Soup with Chillies and Shallots. This soup is fresh, light and very moreish. Its … Continue reading