Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Mexican
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Strawberry Chia Agua Fresca.
This past week has been almost unbearably hot and humid, and the next seems to promise little relief. To beat the heat, I’m turning to Mexico for inspiration, quenching my thirst with aguas frescas. These ingenious “fresh water” infusions combine still … Continue reading
It’s end of semester break, that means school holidays and a full house with my son home for three weeks. There’s also a definite emphasis on dude food as I try to keep up with a six foot four eating … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Roasted Green Chilli Sauce. Poblano Style.
My most successful fast days are those where I have something delicious to look forward to on my dinner plate. A reward for sticking to the program throughout the day and not giving in to a passing parade of food … Continue reading
The Summer Edition. Sunshine And Happiness On A Stick. Sweet And Spicy Mango, Lime And Chilli Paletas.
Mango season is well and truly in full swing over our Christmas and New Year period. Lusciously ripe and abundant we have been buying mangoes by the tray, and storing them on the bottom shelf of the fridge, ready to … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Taste of Mexico. Homemade Corn Tortilla. Served With Grilled Chicken In An Achiote Citrus Marinade And A Roasted Corn and Grape Tomato Salsa.
Before I know it another fast day rolls by. If truth be known today I found the prospect of fasting rather inconvenient. Today I had my heart set on making corn tortillas. From scratch. I’ve just spent the better part … Continue reading
I have an obsession with all things ice cream – gelato, sorbet, tartuffo, glace, granita, cassata, semifreddo, sherbet, tortoni , frozen yoghurt, parfait, sundae – you name it, if its frozen and sweet I’ve tried it. So how is it … Continue reading
Strawberry Paletas with Balsamic and Lemon Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed … Continue reading
Raspberry Paletas with Hibiscus and Rosehip Tea Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie. Makes 8-10 Ingredients 2 cups hibiscus tea cooler (see recipe below) 2/3 cup sugar 4 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen Finely grated … Continue reading
Roasted Banana Paleta with Grated Chocolate Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 3 ripe bananas 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 cup milk 1/2 cup … Continue reading