Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Ice cream
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
One sure sign that the summer holidays are well and truly over is the start of the new school year. This weekend we were thrust into the hurly burly of a full schedule of sport commitments. Soaring temperatures, traffic snarls … Continue reading
Fuss Free For A Very Cool Yule. Christmas Pudding Ice Cream With Chocolate Ice Magic Topping and Cherries.
With the Christmas party season in full swing and preparations for the big day well under way, there seems to be very little time to sit back, relax and smell the roses. Throw in a little heat and, dare I … Continue reading
A Trip Down Memory Lane. Australian Milk Bar Red Back Spiders. Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis And Coca Cola.
Remembering the good old Aussie Milk Bar. The cornerstone of any self respecting city suburb or country town. Mixed businesses usually run by Greek or Italian immigrants. Friendly, communal places where you could pick up the newspaper, a bottle of … Continue reading
On the week-end I needed a quick and easy dessert. Something that could be whipped up from the contents of my pantry and refrigerator. Wasn’t too time consuming. And had a little bit of wow factor. Since our visit to … Continue reading
I have an obsession with all things ice cream – gelato, sorbet, tartuffo, glace, granita, cassata, semifreddo, sherbet, tortoni , frozen yoghurt, parfait, sundae – you name it, if its frozen and sweet I’ve tried it. So how is it … Continue reading
Strawberry Paletas with Balsamic and Lemon Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed … Continue reading
Raspberry Paletas with Hibiscus and Rosehip Tea Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie. Makes 8-10 Ingredients 2 cups hibiscus tea cooler (see recipe below) 2/3 cup sugar 4 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen Finely grated … Continue reading
Roasted Banana Paleta with Grated Chocolate Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 3 ripe bananas 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 cup milk 1/2 cup … Continue reading