Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- What To Bake With Leftover Egg Whites. Dainty Little Almond Tea Cakes. Raspberry and Lemon Friands.
- Weekend Baking. Iconically Australian. Chocolate Lamington and Raspberry Jelly Patty Cakes.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Dates
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Orange Scented Double Cacao Hazelnut Bliss Bombs.
Normally I would never post a recipe for something sweet on a 5-2 fast day. With a daily intake of only 500 calories, every morsel that passes my lips is carefully calorie counted with a very firm emphasis on wholesome … Continue reading
Every now and then I take a trip down memory lane and delve through a pile of tattered, half forgotten recipes relegated for safe keeping deep in my kitchen drawer. It’s a pleasant way to spend a lazy afternoon. So … Continue reading
For a fleeting moment I was tempted to title this post ‘More Weekend Dude Food’, this recipe for Chinese Style Braised Beef Ribs torn from last Saturday’s Sydney Morning Herald by my very own resident dude. With my son home … Continue reading
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
Another feast day, another indulgence. This time a very simple canapé. Plump, luscious Medjool dates, split, seeded and filled with a perfectly ripe triple cream white mould cheese. Finished with a generous sprinkling of freshly roasted, crushed pistachio. A most … Continue reading
One of the enduring pleasures of this blog has been scribing closely guarded recipes that grace the table at family celebrations, transcending the test of time. Last Easter I had the privilege of scribing and baking my grandmother’s Apple Strudel, … Continue reading
Sticky Date Pudding. A classic winter dessert. Comfort food my family loves to turn to when the weather is miserable and we are cocooned at home. Grated apple added to the batter adds another layer of lusciousness to this well-loved … Continue reading