Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Hazelnut
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad With Crispy Bacon, Apple, Hazelnuts and Farro.
I’ve always loved warm winter salads. Especially when they include shards of crispy bacon. Take a closer look, the star of this salad is the humble, much maligned Brussels Sprout. Cleverly deconstructed into leaves and hearts and roasted in a … Continue reading
As always in our house Autumn brings cooler weather and a spate of baking as I give in to a seemingly never ending demand for cake. As long as there is no request for fancy decoration I’m always happy to … Continue reading
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
We can never go past a good brownie recipe in our house. So, not unsurprisingly, perusing the weekend paper last Sunday morning Frank Camorra’s recipe for Jaffa Brownie jumped out at me. My attention caught by the intriguing addition of … Continue reading
These stylish little tea cakes are inspired by Ottolenghi The Cookbook. Craving something sweet with mini bundt trays at the ready, I retrieved my well-thumbed copy from the bookshelf, flipped it open and yet again realised I didn’t quite have … Continue reading
I have long been a fan of Annabel Langbein, The Free Range Cook. Her recipes are fresh, simple and delicious and hit the mark every single time. I’ve always loved cooking with the seasons. Autumn brings organic roasted nuts and … Continue reading
Satisfying My Chocolate Cravings. No Bake Dark Chocolate Hedgehog Slice With Hazelnut, Pistachio and Turkish Delight.
With Easter just two weeks away my thoughts are turning to chocolate. It’s a wet, rainy Sunday and I am craving something sweet, rich and decadent but am feeling way too lethargic to whip up a storm in the kitchen, … Continue reading
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
For Serious Chocoholics. A Wicked Indulgence. Chocolate Mousse Torte with Candied Morello Cherries and Hazelnut Praline
In our family we always celebrate birthdays with a homemade cake. The choice of cake is always at the discretion of the birthday boy or girl. Needless to say over the years I have made all manner of cakes – … Continue reading
It’s official. Sixteen consecutive days of rain. One week of school holidays down. Two more to go. It’s been the wettest June I can remember, hopefully July will be better. I guess we will find out tomorrow. The Bureau of … Continue reading