Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Meringue
When Life Gives You Lemons… Little Lemon Meringue Tarts.
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Baking, Lemon, Lemon Curd, Lemon Meringue Tart, Made From Scratch, Meringue, Winter 2 Comments
Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Chocolate, What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Baking, Cake, Chocolate, Dessert, Hazelnut, Meringue, Mousse, Torte 7 Comments
No Cake Decorating Required. All In One Berry and Almond Cupcakes With A Baked Meringue Topping.
Lately I’ve embarked on a spate of baking. With the cooler weather there seems to be a never ending demand for cake. For school lunch boxes, cake stalls, afternoon teas and bring a plate get togethers. Whatever the request a … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Almond, Baking, Cupcake, Meringue, Raspberry, Vanilla, Winter 10 Comments
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Almond, Baking, Biscuits, Chocolate, Gluten free, Hazelnuts, Italian, Meringue, Pine Nuts 16 Comments
Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Baking, Coconut, Food, Jam, Meringue, Raspberry, Shortbread, Slice 9 Comments