Most Popular Posts
- Dressed To Impress. Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Cream, Cherry Jam and Ganache.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Meringue
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
Lately I’ve embarked on a spate of baking. With the cooler weather there seems to be a never ending demand for cake. For school lunch boxes, cake stalls, afternoon teas and bring a plate get togethers. Whatever the request a … Continue reading
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading