Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Eat, Fast and Live Longer.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Biscuits
It seems like an age since I made Ginger Crunch. Another old-fashioned childhood slice, reminiscent of cake stalls, school fetes and fund raising drives. Utterly addictive, this very simple slice combines a short, crisp and crunchy (almost shattering) biscuit base … Continue reading
Saturday marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. A bloody eight month campaign which commenced on April 25, 1915 with the landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. Through … Continue reading
Light and airy savoiardi have long been a personal favourite of mine. Dating way back to the fourteenth century, this Piedmontese speciality was invented when the Duke of Savoy, Amedeo VI, asked his pastry chef to create something delicate and … Continue reading
Every so often I google food trends to discover what’s hip and happening across the globe. Sometimes out of pure curiosity, occasionally for inspiration. There’s the wild and whacky suggestions make me laugh out loud, and every now and then … Continue reading
This weekend my daughters are visiting their grandparents interstate.Tucked into their luggage will be a box of hone baked treats. A trio of Italian biscuits. Sweet but tart Sour Cherry Amaretti (my father’s favourite), caramelised nutty nuggets of Brutti Ma … Continue reading
By the time you read this we will have returned from the 4.30 am Dawn Service at the Centopath in Martin Place, Sydney, and dropped in for a fortifying espresso at the Coluzzi Bar in Darlinghurst before heading home for a … Continue reading
I’ve always loved the simple combination of rich, buttery, crumbly shortbread and jam. We are lucky enough to always have a steady supply of home made jam in our pantry. The fruit plucked from the trees in my father’s garden … Continue reading