Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Crisp, Crunchy and Healthy. Oven Baked Panko and Parmesan Crumbed Zucchini Fries
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Biscuits
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading
Leafing through a pile of back issues of Delicious magazine I came across a very clever recipe for Italian florentines. A delectable combination of caramel, dried fruit and nuts. Baked in a slab. Cut into perfect circles just before the … Continue reading
Biscotti. Traditional Italian biscuits. Perfect for dunking. Into a piping hot coffee or sticky sweet wine. Twice baked. Incredibly crisp and crunchy. I’ve been meaning to make a batch for a blog post for ages. Not so long ago, food … Continue reading
Not so long ago we dropped by friends for a pre-dinner drink before heading out for a meal at a nearby restaurant. At the door we were greeted by the most delicious aroma. Home baked cheese biscuits. The perfect accompaniment … Continue reading
For a long time I have been wanting to make Crostoli. Fried ribbons of crisp pastry. Liberally dusted with icing sugar. Eaten all over Italy on celebration days. Easter, Christmas, Christenings and family get togethers. This long weekend we travelled … Continue reading
These gorgeous little almond biscuits are the bomb. Lightly crisp on the outside. Slightly chewy on the inside. Sweet but a little tart. Jam packed with dried sour cherries. For years I have been making the trek across town to … Continue reading