Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Jam
I’ve always had a huge soft spot for wagon wheels. Sadly those huge chocolate-y jammy biscuity discs so nostalgically and iconically reminiscent of many an Australian childhood seem to have shrunk in size. They were my all time favourite treat … Continue reading
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading
This post is for my dear friend Jane. Who recently reminded me of the joys of sacher torte, a rich and decadent chocolate cake invented in Vienna in 1832 by a young apprentice chef Franz Sacher for Prince Metternich. Jane … Continue reading
I’ve always loved the simple combination of rich, buttery, crumbly shortbread and jam. We are lucky enough to always have a steady supply of home made jam in our pantry. The fruit plucked from the trees in my father’s garden … Continue reading
I love a lazy Sunday morning. Sleep-ins, newspapers and cappuccinos. A welcome respite from our hectic schedules and sadly an increasingly rare commodity in our busy household. No gulping down my coffee, one eye on the ticking clock as I … Continue reading
Chilli jam. Another of my pantry staples. Incredibly versatile, it can be used anywhere you need a sweet and spicy flavour hit. A key ingredient in one of our favourite meals, Thai Chicken Stir Fry With Sweet Chilli Jam and Cashews. Not … Continue reading
A few days ago I caught up with a girlfriend at a local cafe. On the menu? Homemade crumpets. Perfect with a cup of tea. Particularly so on a miserable wet winter’s day. I’d never eaten homemade crumpets before and … Continue reading
Tomorrow Thursday May 23rd is the official date for this year’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea. For 20 years the Cancer Council has used this initiative to raise much needed funds for cancer research. The idea is simple but effective. Cancer is … Continue reading
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading