Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,261 other followers
Tag Archives: Australia
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
I’ve always had a huge soft spot for wagon wheels. Sadly those huge chocolate-y jammy biscuity discs so nostalgically and iconically reminiscent of many an Australian childhood seem to have shrunk in size. They were my all time favourite treat … Continue reading
Oh my. Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and totally abandon any semblance of clean eating. To shamelessly indulge in the pleasures of the feast. Sometimes I just can’t say no, particularly so when staring down something like this. … Continue reading
Saturday marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. A bloody eight month campaign which commenced on April 25, 1915 with the landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. Through … Continue reading
In our house school holidays are synonymous with road trips. Taking the road less well travelled. Meandering through country towns, unearthing all manner of bric a brac at antique stores before stopping for an inevitable Devonshire tea of freshly baked … Continue reading
After what seemed to be an awfully long hiatus Australian tiger flathead is in plentiful supply at the fish markets at the moment. Sweet and succulent it is a firm favourite in our house. Like ravenous, circling seagulls my family … Continue reading
Every so often I google food trends to discover what’s hip and happening across the globe. Sometimes out of pure curiosity, occasionally for inspiration. There’s the wild and whacky suggestions make me laugh out loud, and every now and then … Continue reading
Last week’s Magic Vanilla Custard Squares proved so popular they were in demand all week long. I think we went through something like three batches. Perfect for sharing which goes to show that old fashioned recipes are definitely the … Continue reading
By the time you read this we will have returned from the 4.30 am Dawn Service at the Centopath in Martin Place, Sydney, and dropped in for a fortifying espresso at the Coluzzi Bar in Darlinghurst before heading home for a … Continue reading