Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Basil
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
This post takes it’s inspiration from our in season abundance of beautifully fresh and vibrant spring greens. Casting around for something new and interesting to try, I recently stumbled across The Huffington Post’s article Donna Hay Has Reinvented Risotto and It’s … Continue reading
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Sautéed Green Beans With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
The inspiration for this week’s 5-2 fast day offering? Green beans. Or fagiolini as they were fondly referred to in our house. Growing up, the contents of our dinner plates were always influenced by what was in season and plentiful … Continue reading
High summer and we’re inundated with an abundance of impossibly sweet, gloriously fragrant , deeply hued vine ripened tomatoes. At the moment I can’t seem to get enough of the mini cherry and roma varieties. Little peak season flavour bombs … Continue reading
My lemon tree is bearing fruit this summer. Consistently. At last. Perhaps because in spite of my decidedly non green thumb I’ve remembered to water it. Almost every day. The perfect excuse to make lemon curd. My way. One lemon … Continue reading
Our long summer holidays spell a rolling caravan of beautifully fresh, simply prepared seafood feasts. Fish and chips at the beach. Freshly shucked oysters au naturel. Platefuls of fried flathead fillets with beer battered potato scallops. Calamari fritti. Slow baked salmon … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Caprese Cocktail Santas.
December 1st and the silly season has well and truly started. A time for pre Christmas catch-ups, get togethers and cocktail parties. Full of conviviality, canapés and festive good cheer. Truly the most wonderful time of the year. In search … Continue reading
Two of our most loved family meals are home-made ricotta ravioli and gnocchi. I’ve previously posted two recipes for gnocchi on this blog; the first for traditional potato gnocchi and another for an easy midweek time saving variation substitiuting ricotta. … Continue reading
Last Saturday, free of my children’s sporting commitments, I spent all morning, (and a good part of the early afternoon) browsing the fabulous Eveleigh Farmer’s Market and surrounding cafes and antique stores. An all time favourite activity that sadly has … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Staying on Task. Seared Blue Eye Cod. Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes. Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean Mash.
Friday morning came around very quickly this week. So much so that I had downed half a cup of my morning cappuccino before I realised today was a fast not feast day. Oops. Cappuccino with full cream milk, no less. … Continue reading