Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Crisp, Crunchy and Healthy. Oven Baked Panko and Parmesan Crumbed Zucchini Fries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cauliflower
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Idea Under 200 Calories. Creamy Dairy Free Cauliflower and Leek Mash.
Sometimes a successful fast day is all about an interesting side to accompany a little lean grilled chicken, red meat or fish. In summer the challenge is most definitely easier, with a wide array of interesting salads able to be … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Whole Roasted Cauliflower With A Chermoula Spiced Yoghurt Crust.
One of my favourite and most luxurious 5-2 fast day meals is salmon smothered in home made chermoula and slow baked in the oven. Vibrant, filling and satisfying, it’s a fast day feast on the plate. I’ve always loved the … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Soft Cauliflower Tortillas.
These appeared on my instagram account a few weeks ago topped with grilled halloumi and a kale tabbouleh. A fast day experiment in the kitchen using the contents of my fridge – a head of cauliflower and remnants of a … Continue reading
What’s thriving in the winter vegetable garden? Cauliflower. Gorgeous creamy heads by the wheelbarrow load. Here’s an interesting bit of trivia. Cauliflower heads, technically known as curds, consist of intricate whorls of tiny flower buds. The heavy green leaves that … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cauliflower Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Sweet Potato.
For quite some time I have been reading about cauliflower rice. Finely grated cauliflower, steamed and served as a healthy, low calorie, low carbohydrate alternative to regular rice. Whilst I have never tried cauliflower “rice” it started me thinking. I’ve always … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Man Sized Fast Day. Seared Salmon Fillet With Lemon, Garlic and Chilli Roasted Cauliflower.
The guidelines for the fast day diet clearly stipulate that women should not consume more than 500 calories on a fast day. Men have a slightly more generous 600 calorie allowance. The only comment I can make about my latest … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
Autumn has finally descended upon Sydney. There is a definite chill in the air. Cooler weather is synonymous with comfort food. In my books there is nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a big bowl of warming soup. … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Staying on Task. Seared Blue Eye Cod. Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes. Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean Mash.
Friday morning came around very quickly this week. So much so that I had downed half a cup of my morning cappuccino before I realised today was a fast not feast day. Oops. Cappuccino with full cream milk, no less. … Continue reading
And today’s spring vegetable is… cauliflower! No we are not a vegetarian household; we’re just still working through all those gorgeous vegetables from my father’s garden. I imagine that this is how our predecessors used to eat. No take away, no pre packaged … Continue reading