Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Seafood
I’ve been making this delicious bruschetta for over a decade. The star of this meal? Plump, juicy tiger prawns doused in plenty of chilli, garlic and ginger. It’s a Jamie Oliver recipe from one of his earlier cookbooks Happy Days … Continue reading
The Summer Edition. Rediscovering Nostalgic Rituals. Fresh Prawn Baguettes With Shredded Lettuce And Aioli.
As much as I love Christmas and the celebration of all the associated time-honoured traditions, it’s always such a busy, busy time of year. Coinciding with the end of the school year and the start of our long summer holidays; … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Reinterpreting a Classic. As a Salad. Prawn Cocktail With Green Goddess Dressing.
The beauty of the 5-2 diet is that there is no set menu. On fast days you can eat whatever you want as long as you keep to your 500 for women and 600 for men calorie limit. Which is … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Staying on Task. Seared Blue Eye Cod. Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes. Cauliflower and Cannellini Bean Mash.
Friday morning came around very quickly this week. So much so that I had downed half a cup of my morning cappuccino before I realised today was a fast not feast day. Oops. Cappuccino with full cream milk, no less. … Continue reading
Late season harvest tomatoes are at their peak at this time of year. Cheap and plentiful. Sweet. Juicy. Full of flavour. I picked up punnets of perfectly ripe cherry tomatoes at the market this morning. I love to eat seasonally … Continue reading
More Fish on Friday.Tray Baked Blue Eye Cod Wrapped in Prosciutto With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil.
This must be the tastiest and easiest fish dish ever. Thinly sliced prosciutto. Smeared with a sun dried tomato and basil paste. Wrapped around firm, fleshy Blue Eye Cod fillets. Roasted in a hot oven for twenty minutes. Another fabulous … Continue reading
The first Friday in Lent. The perfect opportunity to eat fish for dinner. And I intend to proffer up a fish dish for dinner every Friday in the lead up to Easter. Personally I love fish. As does my family. … Continue reading
These little beauties are Hawkesbury River squid. Caught locally. Purchased at the Sydney Fish Markets early this morning. Sourced from a small, well managed estuary fishery. Ready to be transformed into Calamari Fritti for dinner tonight. Another firm family favourite. … Continue reading
Last night we visited Ezo Seafood and Oyster Bar. Run by our friend James and his wife Keiko it offers a wonderfully authentic dining experience of all things seafood. James is passionate about his produce and sources it directly from … Continue reading
I stopped by the fishmonger this morning intending to buy some fresh flathead fillets for dinner and froze dead in my tracks. Flathead fillets were $52.99 a kilo! I was stunned. In my mind flathead, delicious as it is, certainly isn’t a delicacy and shouldn’t be … Continue reading