Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Niseko
If you are in Japan you have to try sushi. Beautifully prepared and plated as only the Japanese can do. One of my favourite sushi haunts in Niseko is Shokusai Hirafu. Located in the Alpen Hotel in the upper village. … Continue reading
It was a cold blustery day today. Lots of fresh powder snow. I’m beginning to think it’s never going to stop snowing these holidays. Last year the locals told us it was the best season the resort has had in … Continue reading
Today we decided to take a break. From skiing and Japanese food. Since our visit last year our favourite bakery has relocated from the Hirafu intersection. In its place there is a French style creperie and bakery. Operated by the … Continue reading
Boyoso. A log cabin tucked away halfway up the hill under the Grand Hirafu Gondola. By day its one of Niseko’s few, family operated on hill restaurants and by night its the resort’s only on hill accommodation. Quaint and very cosy. … Continue reading
In honour of my hundredth post I have decided that I am going to ring a happy bell. There are three of these dotted over Niseko resort. It is said that ringing these bells will bring you luck. I certainly … Continue reading
Each year we catch up with our dear friends Motoko and Ernesto and their boys for our traditional Swiss Fondue night. Prepared by Ernesto. It’s truly delicious and something we very much look forward to. On their wall is a … Continue reading
One Way to Work Off Those Christmas – New Year Overindulgences. Climb the Peak. Mount Annupuri, Niseko.
A blue bird day in Niseko. Begins with a gentle ride up the first slope. Pretty isn’t it? Then we catch another two lifts. The Ace Quad Chair and the Hooded Triple to the top of the very picturesque Rinkan run. On a … Continue reading
Last night we visited Ezo Seafood and Oyster Bar. Run by our friend James and his wife Keiko it offers a wonderfully authentic dining experience of all things seafood. James is passionate about his produce and sources it directly from … Continue reading
After two days of snowstorms and limited visibility we had a glorious blue sky day today. Perfect for powder skiing. So we hit the slopes early and skied all over the resort from Hanazono to Annapuri. I have some wonderful … Continue reading
My how quickly the weather can change. Yesterday it was unseasonably warm and raining. Today temperatures dropped to -10 C and a snow storm set in. As luck would have it the Hooded Triple Chair opened just as we reached mid station … Continue reading