Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Crepes
Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday. Pancake day in our house. How quickly time flies. It doesn’t seem a year ago that I was flipping crêpes and savoury galettes for our last pancake day feast. The association of Shrove Tuesday and Pancake Day … Continue reading
The 5-2.Challenge. Thinking Outside The Square. La Cecina. Chickpea Crêpes With a Vine Ripened Tomato, Avocado and Rocket Salad.
Avocados are in season. At Farmer’s Markets growers are selling them by the bucketload. My avocado food associations? Guacamole. Mexican. Tortilla. For a long time now I have been meaning to try my hand at homemade corn tortillas. Made from … Continue reading
I love crêpes but since Shrove Tuesday last week I feel as if I have flipped and tossed enough galettes and crêpes to last me a life time. Not that my family was complaining. I have since retired my trusty crêpe pan to … Continue reading
I adore crêpes. The French version. Lacy and paper-thin. Next Tuesday we celebrate Shrove Tuesday. The last day before Lent. Pancake day in our house. Traditionally Lent is a time of abstinence and giving things up. In days gone by Shrove Tuesday was … Continue reading
Today we decided to take a break. From skiing and Japanese food. Since our visit last year our favourite bakery has relocated from the Hirafu intersection. In its place there is a French style creperie and bakery. Operated by the … Continue reading