Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Shrove Tuesday
Shrove Tuesday. Feasting With Pancakes. Three Ways. Crêpes, Galettes and Blintzes.
Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday. Pancake day in our house. How quickly time flies. It doesn’t seem a year ago that I was flipping crêpes and savoury galettes for our last pancake day feast. The association of Shrove Tuesday and Pancake Day … Continue reading
Posted in Small Bites, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Blintz, Brunch, Crepes, Dessert, Galettes, Lemon, Pancakes, Ricotta, Shrove Tuesday 12 Comments
Our Last Shrove Tuesday Hurrah. Crêpes With a Simple Orange and Brown Sugar Sauce.
I love crêpes but since Shrove Tuesday last week I feel as if I have flipped and tossed enough galettes and crêpes to last me a life time. Not that my family was complaining. I have since retired my trusty crêpe pan to … Continue reading
Posted in Musings & Inspiration, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Caramel, Crepes, Dessert, Food, Orange, Pancakes, Shrove Tuesday 9 Comments
Simply Scrumptious. Savoury Crêpes. Buckwheat Galettes With Ham, Gruyere and Brie.
I adore crêpes. The French version. Lacy and paper-thin. Next Tuesday we celebrate Shrove Tuesday. The last day before Lent. Pancake day in our house. Traditionally Lent is a time of abstinence and giving things up. In days gone by Shrove Tuesday was … Continue reading
Posted in Breakfast, Cheese, Eggs, Small Bites, To Serve with Drinks, What I Love to Cook Tagged Cheese, Crepes, Food, Galettes, Gluten free, Ham, Pancakes, Savoury, Shrove Tuesday 8 Comments