Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Lunch
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Egg Salad With Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette.
For a quick and easy fast day meal I always turn to eggs. High in protein they are enormously satisfying. Even better, they can be prepared in a wide variety of delicious ways. Lately I’ve been craving egg salad. Freshly … Continue reading
This Tuesday, the first Tuesday in November, it’s Melbourne Cup Day here in Australia. The race that stops a nation. Literally. At 3.00 pm sharp. A day for sweeps, calcuttas and flutters at the races all over the country. Hats … Continue reading
January 26. Australia Day. Is there anything more quintessentially Australian than to spend the day at the beach? Our local beach? Bondi Beach. Filled with locals and tourists alike enjoying perfect blue skies, sand and surf. For lunch? Home-made sausage … Continue reading
Boyoso. A log cabin tucked away halfway up the hill under the Grand Hirafu Gondola. By day its one of Niseko’s few, family operated on hill restaurants and by night its the resort’s only on hill accommodation. Quaint and very cosy. … Continue reading
I stopped by the fishmonger this morning intending to buy some fresh flathead fillets for dinner and froze dead in my tracks. Flathead fillets were $52.99 a kilo! I was stunned. In my mind flathead, delicious as it is, certainly isn’t a delicacy and shouldn’t be … Continue reading
I really do try to make an effort to eat produce that is ripe and in season; its bursting with flavour, good for you and doesn’t need too much fussing about in its preparation. Spring has well and truly arrived here in Sydney, … Continue reading
What’s not to love about lazy Sunday mornings – late morning sleep ins, lingering over coffee and newspapers, the Bondi to Bronte walk, a quick dip in the ocean. Before you know it, its midday. Time to contemplate lunch and what to feed … Continue reading