Most Popular Posts
- Dressed To Impress. Chocolate Layer Cake With Whipped Cream, Cherry Jam and Ganache.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Lamb
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories.Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Loaded With Spiced Lamb.
Every now and then a deliciously satisfying 5-2 fast day recipe idea comes along that actually makes me forget that I am fasting. This is one of them. In my books baked stuffed potatoes have always been well and truly … Continue reading
This week we celebrated a mid winter Bastille Day with a meltingly tender slow cooked seven hour leg of lamb, Gigot de Sept Heures. An easy set and forget dish that filled the house with an incredible aroma all day … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Lamb Shank, Sweet Potato and Barley Salad With Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs.
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago I don’t think that I would have been prepared to place this salad on the family dinner table. I can just imagine my suspicious teenagers trawling through their plates and removing … Continue reading
Photo courtesy of Australian Navy website http://www.navy.gov.au/ifr Tall ships and war ships from around the world arrived this week to commemorate one hundred years since the first Royal Australian Navy’s fleet sailed into Sydney Harbour in 1913. As part of … Continue reading
The Taste Of Spring. Simply Delightful. Jerusalem’s Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon.
Each changing of the seasons brings new food associations. For me the true taste of Spring is broad beans, double shelled to reveal their vibrant emerald green sweetness. Every home has its own rituals, in ours we mark the arrival … Continue reading
Nothing beats a Lamb Shank and Barley Soup in winter. Delicious and nutritious. Loaded with vegetables. Full of flavour. Low in fat. Hearty, warming fast day fare. To be perfectly frank this dish has always been a staple on our … Continue reading
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading
Roast leg of lamb holds a very special place at the Australian dinner table. Especially on a Sunday. So much so that earlier this month roast lamb won first place in Australia’s National Dish campaign. Deeply ingrained in our national … Continue reading
Pasticcio di Pasta Al Forno. Literal translation? From the Italian. Oven baked pasta pie. Known quite simply and affectionately as pasta bake in our house. There are many different variations of this delicious dish. Ingredients vary wildly depending upon regional … Continue reading
January 26. Australia Day. Is there anything more quintessentially Australian than to spend the day at the beach? Our local beach? Bondi Beach. Filled with locals and tourists alike enjoying perfect blue skies, sand and surf. For lunch? Home-made sausage … Continue reading