Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Nigella's Sweet and Salty Crunch Nut Bars with Homemade Honeycomb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Pomegranate
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Roasted Eggplant Salad With Saffron Yoghurt And Pomegranate.
For this week’s 5-2 offering I’ve drawn inspiration from the big, bold, genius flavours of Yotam Ottolenghi once more. As usual the offering on my plate has been dictated not by careful recipe planning, but whatever is available in my … Continue reading
View this post on Instagram Seeding a pomegranate has never been easier. #thepaddingtonfoodie #pomegranate #feedfeed #kitchensecrets A post shared by The Paddington Foodie (@thepaddingtonfoodie) on Apr 25, 2015 at 10:52pm PDT We’ve been seeding pomegranates in our house. Splitting open … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Berry And Yoghurt Smoothie Bowls.
Last summer I was introduced to the instagram smoothie bowl craze by my teenage daughters. Literally a smoothie in a bowl. Thickened with frozen fruit to add natural sweetness and creaminess. Topped with an ever-changing but always pretty array of … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Ottolenghi’s Pomegranate, Tomato And Roasted Lemon Salad.
First post back after an extended Christmas New Year break and I’m slowly and rather reluctantly easing myself back into a 5-2 fast day routine. It’s alarming how quickly two weeks of unfettered feasting and convivial bonhomie can suddenly feel … Continue reading
In our house Easter celebrations are unashamedly associated with feasting. Chocolate truffles and brightly wrapped foiled Easter eggs for breakfast, followed by a long, leisurely lunch. It’s no wonder overindulgence is the order of the day. An inescapable given. This year it … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Autumn Fig, Pear and Radicchio Salad With Prosciutto and Pomegranate.
Summer is officially over and has segued into a sticky and humid Autumn. Soft, ripe juicy figs and pears are making an appearance at the markets. Paired with salty prosciutto and bitter radicchio and sweet late season pomegranate they are … Continue reading
A short and sweet Valentine’s Day post with a very simple dessert. I was introduced to this decadent Salted Dark Chocolate and Lime Mousse at drinks one balmy Friday night. Of course I had to have the recipe. At first … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Lamb Shank, Sweet Potato and Barley Salad With Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs.
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago I don’t think that I would have been prepared to place this salad on the family dinner table. I can just imagine my suspicious teenagers trawling through their plates and removing … Continue reading
Smoky And Intense. A Middle Eastern Salad. Jerusalem’s Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds.
Another offering from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s gorgeous ode to Middle Eastern fare, Jerusalem. This time it’s a smoky and intense Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds. Redolent of the flavours of one of my favourite dips … Continue reading