Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Barley
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Inspired By…Spontaneous Tomato. Avgolemono. Greek Egg & Lemon Soup.
With the weather finally cooling down a little it’s time to start re-introducing soup back into my 5-2 repertoire. As soon as I saw Allison from Spontaneous Tomato’s post for Avgolemono (Egg and Lemon) Soup I knew that I had found … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Lamb Shank, Sweet Potato and Barley Salad With Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs.
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago I don’t think that I would have been prepared to place this salad on the family dinner table. I can just imagine my suspicious teenagers trawling through their plates and removing … Continue reading
Another 5-2 challenge fast day. Another winter warmer. This time it’s Chicken and Leek Soup With Lemon and Pearl Barley. Made with chicken stock, poached, shredded chicken breast fillet and loads of leek to keep the calorie count down. Add … Continue reading