Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Eggplant
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Roasted Eggplant Salad With Saffron Yoghurt And Pomegranate.
For this week’s 5-2 offering I’ve drawn inspiration from the big, bold, genius flavours of Yotam Ottolenghi once more. As usual the offering on my plate has been dictated not by careful recipe planning, but whatever is available in my … Continue reading
Hiding beneath this cheesy golden crust? Big bold Mediterranean flavours of an oven roasted ratatouille. A delicious medley of eggplant, capsicum, tomato and zucchini ensconced in a flaky pastry deep dish quiche. Each bite redolent of the promise of … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Chinese Style Steamed Eggplant Salad.
I adore eggpant. Cooked well it’s meltingly soft, smooth, creamy and delicious. We regularly enjoy it in so many of its different guises; fried, battered, grilled, stuffed, pureed, stewed, roasted and even pickled. It marries well with robust Mediterranean and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer.A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. A Mediterranean Grilled Haloumi and Summer Vegetable Salad.
When the temperatures soar the last thing I want to do is spend hours in a hot kitchen preparing an evening meal. On hot, balmy evenings the barbecue is my best friend. Relaxed, alfresco cooking and dining. Pared back … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Roasted Pork Sirloin Steak With Ratatouille.
Fasting is so much easier in the warmer months with an abundance of fresh produce available. I’ve always loved ratatouille a traditional French Provencal dish bursting with the fresh summer flavours of eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, onions and tomatoes. Light and … Continue reading
Smoky And Intense. A Middle Eastern Salad. Jerusalem’s Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds.
Another offering from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s gorgeous ode to Middle Eastern fare, Jerusalem. This time it’s a smoky and intense Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds. Redolent of the flavours of one of my favourite dips … Continue reading
Another of my favourite Japanese dishes that lends itself wonderfully to the 5-2 fasting diet. Nasu Dengaku. An incredibly delicious combination of soft silky baked eggplant and sweet miso. Umami at its very best. Traditionally prepared over a charcoal grill … Continue reading
With each passing fast day I find I am acquiring an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the calorie value of the food I like to eat. If the truth be known I find calorie counting incredibly tiresome and dreary. Unfortunately, it’s a … Continue reading
When I was growing up I loved Italian meatballs. In our house polpette were just fried and eaten without any sauce or topping. Today I decided to treat my children to polpette for dinner. To make them just a little … Continue reading