Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Quick And Elegant Brunch. Smoked Trout Tartine With Radish and Radicchio.
- Slow Food. Neil Perry's Chinese-Style Braised Beef Ribs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Miso
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Japanese Inspired French Onion Soup With Oven Baked Parmesan Crisps.
At first glance French Onion Soup may seem to be an incongruous choice for a 5-2 fast day meal idea. Visions of deep bowls filled with caramelised onions simmered in a rich beef broth and thick gratinéed croutons of bubbling … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Nasu Dengaku. Roasted Eggplant With A Sweet Miso Glaze.
Another of my favourite Japanese dishes that lends itself wonderfully to the 5-2 fasting diet. Nasu Dengaku. An incredibly delicious combination of soft silky baked eggplant and sweet miso. Umami at its very best. Traditionally prepared over a charcoal grill … Continue reading
Posted in Vegetables, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Eggplant, Fasting Diet, Food, Japanese, Miso, Vegetarian 10 Comments
East Meets West Fusion. Beef Bourguignon With Miso and Shiitake Mushrooms.
After almost a week of glorious winter days with temperatures over 20C the weather has turned. We have woken to a cold snap. Reminding us that Spring may be around the corner but we still have a little way to … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
Having watched the BBC documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer I resolved that one day I would give the 5-2 eating plan a go. After all it didn’t sound too onerous. Five feast days offset by only two fast days … Continue reading
Posted in Eggs, Soup, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2, 5-2 Diet, Crab, Eggs, Fasting Diet, Food, Intermittent Fasting, Miso, Omelette, Soup, Tofu 5 Comments