Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Nigella's Sweet and Salty Crunch Nut Bars with Homemade Honeycomb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Japanese
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Cold Sesame Soba Noodle Salad With Smoked Salmon, Spinach And Cucumber.
On fast days I like to adopt an eating clean mindset and fill my plate with minimally processed, natural foods. I’ve always loved the simplicity and elegance of Japanese food, so it’s no surprise that I often turn to its … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Tamagoyaki. Japanese Rolled Egg Omelette.
On 5-2 fast days when I’m feeling hungry I invariably turn to eggs. Low in calories and a wonderful source of protein, they pack a powerful punch, helping keep me feeling fuller for longer. Easily taking care of any pesky, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Japanese Inspired French Onion Soup With Oven Baked Parmesan Crisps.
At first glance French Onion Soup may seem to be an incongruous choice for a 5-2 fast day meal idea. Visions of deep bowls filled with caramelised onions simmered in a rich beef broth and thick gratinéed croutons of bubbling … Continue reading
What to cook for my teenage son on the eve of his departure of a school field trip to Japan? The perfect midweek dinner. Omurice (オムライス). Japanese omelette rice (omu-raisu). Popular in Japan, it is considered yōshoku (western food). A contemporary … Continue reading
Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
It’s Spring, and the weather has been unseasonably warm. The perfect excuse to fire up the barbecue. My family has a penchant for anything marinated, skewered and grilled. No doubt a consequence of many a visit to the Japanese izakaya … Continue reading
Another of my favourite Japanese dishes that lends itself wonderfully to the 5-2 fasting diet. Nasu Dengaku. An incredibly delicious combination of soft silky baked eggplant and sweet miso. Umami at its very best. Traditionally prepared over a charcoal grill … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Japanese Inspired Noodle Bowl. Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup With Broccolini and Spinach
There is something about the colder weather that makes me want to comfort eat. On the menu for my latest recent fast day a Japanese inspired Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup. Nourishing. Filling. Warming. Unfortunately my fast day resolve was … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. On Trend. Gourmet Popcorn with Nori Gomashio. A Japanese Sesame Seed, Seaweed and Salt Seasoning.
Fast days seem to roll around quite quickly and continue to take me by surprise. In my refrigerator for dinner tonight. Beautifully fresh line-caught salmon fillets. I adore salmon but with one 180 gram fillet accounting for over half … Continue reading
One of the highlights of any trip to Japan must be a visit to a traditional izakaya. Not quite bar, not quite restaurant. Izakaya are warm, cosy, happy places. The perfect venue to catch up with friends for a beer, … Continue reading
We love gyoza. Plump little Japanese dumplings filled with meat and vegetables. Their bottoms fried to a golden hue and tops softly steamed to silky perfection. They are available everywhere in Niseko. On and off piste. Always on the menu … Continue reading