Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From My Mother's Kitchen. Light, Airy and Crisp. Angel's Wings. Italian Crostoli.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Crisp, Crunchy and Healthy. Oven Baked Panko and Parmesan Crumbed Zucchini Fries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Bacon
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Kale and Bacon Frittata Dressed With a Fresh Kale and Fennel Salad.
One of the easiest and most satiating 5-2 fast day meal ideas has to be frittata. Whisk a few eggs and generously fill your skillet with any variety of seasonal produce and a little cheese. The possibilities are endless, bounded … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad With Crispy Bacon, Apple, Hazelnuts and Farro.
I’ve always loved warm winter salads. Especially when they include shards of crispy bacon. Take a closer look, the star of this salad is the humble, much maligned Brussels Sprout. Cleverly deconstructed into leaves and hearts and roasted in a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Warm Broccoli ‘Rice’ Salad With Bacon, Garlic, Chilli And Parmesan.
Still in summer holiday mode, I’m toying around the edges of the 5-2 diet. A day here and there to combat a constant stream of overindulgences is all I can currently comfortably manage. In all honesty I’m not yet ready to commit … Continue reading
This week I got a little ahead of myself. My husband likes nothing better than to sit down to a long leisurely lunch with a good bottle of wine and a beautifully presented charcuterie plate filled with an array of … Continue reading
It’s been bitterly cold and wet for the last ten days and my family has well and truly embraced comfort food. Soups, braises, curries, mashed potatoes and to top it all off crisp and flaky home-made sausage rolls. Hearty, moreish … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad With Fennel, Apple, Rocket and Bacon.
We’re making good use of winter greens at the moment. The star of this deliciously crunchy salad is the unassuming, often unfairly maligned Brussels Sprout. Finely shredded coleslaw style this nutty little cabbage is very much in disguise, tempting even … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Savoury Zucchini And Bacon Muffins.
One of the keys to a successful fast day most definitely lies in portion control. On fast days I like to eat well, concentrating on healthy, flavoursome food but find I need to keep a vigilant eye on how much … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Hearty Minestrone Soup With Bacon And Pasta
Another Monday. Another fast day. With the definite arrival of cooler weather I’m settling into a rather easy pattern of putting soup on the dinner table on Monday nights. Wholesome, warm and nourishing, nothing beats making an enormous pot of … Continue reading
What to cook for my teenage son on the eve of his departure of a school field trip to Japan? The perfect midweek dinner. Omurice (オムライス). Japanese omelette rice (omu-raisu). Popular in Japan, it is considered yōshoku (western food). A contemporary … Continue reading
Back in Sydney after days of holiday eating I’ve decided to squeeze in a fast day before the weekend. The bottom line? One fast day this week is better than none. Thankfully the 5-2 diet is proving to be a … Continue reading