Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- A Blast From The Past. Retro Popcorn. Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Pork
Mention Vietnamese street food and I immediately think of pork banh mi. The ultimate sandwich. A freshly baked crusty baguette roll filled to bursting with roast pork and pate and generous handfuls of carefully chosen accompaniments; pickled carrot, cucumber ribbons, … Continue reading
Schools out for the summer. Swaddled in a calico ham bag in my fridge? A cola glazed, clove studded baked leg of ham. In readiness for the inevitable plague of teenage locusts standing askance in front of an open fridge, … Continue reading
To me late Spring is synonymous with warm days and balmy evenings. Time to throw open the doors to enjoy long, leisurely, al fresco evening meals outside. This calls for simple, unfussy platters of rustic food. Big on flavour but … Continue reading
This week I got a little ahead of myself. My husband likes nothing better than to sit down to a long leisurely lunch with a good bottle of wine and a beautifully presented charcuterie plate filled with an array of … Continue reading
Slow roasted pork belly has always been a favourite in our home. Meltingly tender with a crisp crackle crust. In summer we enjoy our pork belly with a refreshing vinaigrette based coleslaw. In Winter, however, we turn to a richer … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Lions Head Meatballs With Bok Choy and Shitake Mushrooms.
Meatballs are a perennial favourite in our house, managing to hit the spot with each family member. No mean feat considering the pickiness of their individual palates and food preferences. Fast days always throw up a particularly interesting challenge, my … Continue reading
This simple stir fry is always popular in our house. Soy Sauce Stir Fried Rice Noodles may be ubiquitous Thai street food popularly prepared at road side stalls all over Thailand, but they’re also a staple fixture on Thai restaurant … Continue reading
I think I may have just found a new way to gain favour and influence over my teenage son. As anyone with an adolescent boy in their house will tell you they seem to be perpetually hungry and always on … Continue reading
Our son’s all time favourite meals is ribs. Caveman style. Huge meaty racks of them, covered in a sticky marinade, braised in the oven until soft and tender, and finished on the barbecue until nicely charred and lightly caramelised. As … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Thigh Fillets with Rosemary and Garlic.
With Christmas just around the corner, there are endless opportunities for my 5-2 resolve to fall by the wayside. Every Sunday I sit down and peruse my diary. Mondays are always unapologetically fast days. My goddess days. A good way … Continue reading