Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Eat, Fast And Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 200 Calories.
- The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Category Archives: Rice
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Summertime and the livin’ is easy. Never more so than at dinner time when we fire up the barbecue and dine al fresco on the back deck. My idea of holiday cooking is to marinade chicken, beef, lamb, seafood or … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Japanese Hand Rolls “Temaki Zushi”
We adore sushi in our house. It’s fresh, healthy and quite easy to prepare. Previously I have shied away from the idea of making sushi for a fast day meal, chastened by the thought of the massive 540 calorie count … Continue reading
This simple stir fry is always popular in our house. Soy Sauce Stir Fried Rice Noodles may be ubiquitous Thai street food popularly prepared at road side stalls all over Thailand, but they’re also a staple fixture on Thai restaurant … Continue reading
What to cook for my teenage son on the eve of his departure of a school field trip to Japan? The perfect midweek dinner. Omurice (オムライス). Japanese omelette rice (omu-raisu). Popular in Japan, it is considered yōshoku (western food). A contemporary … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. How To Build Your Own Skinny Stir-Fry. My Version? Stir Fried Chicken With Red Capsicum, Broccolini and Chilli Jam.
Stir fries have to be the perfect 5-2 fast day meal. Healthy, nutrition, low in calories and very easy to prepare. Fast day or feast day I’ll often prepare a stir fry for dinner using whatever is in season or … Continue reading
Today’s 5-2 challenge focus? Transforming simple meals into something amazing by introducing new flavours. One of the hottest new food trends of the year is kimchi. A traditional Korean fermented pickle that’s crunchy, sour, sweet, salty and spicy. Its flavour … Continue reading
Tonight I made risotto for dinner thinking its soft and creamy texture would be the perfect meal solution for my daughter’s brand new braces. The orthodontist had warned that her teeth and gums might be sore and tender for a … Continue reading
Silky Hainanese Chicken. Bill Granger’s Warm Poached Chicken with Onion Rice and Fresh Ginger Relish.
It’s been raining all day. The perfect dinner for a cold, wet and rainy Saturday night? Soft, silky Hainanese Chicken. Delicate, fragrant poached chicken. Served with onion rice, ginger relish and a generous drizzling of broth. Warming. Comforting. Delicious. Simple and satisfying. One of my … Continue reading
We eat paella often in our house. Sometimes with seafood. At other times without. Always with chorizo. It’s a wonderfully communal dish to cook and eat. Spicy. Full of flavour. Easy to prepare. I must confess this weekend I ran … Continue reading