Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Cabbage
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Raw Power House Super Food Salad.
Spring is in the air and after a winter of cocooning and comfort food we have most definitely resorted to a regime of increased exercise and healthy eating. Not too long ago I posted a recipe for Sweet and Salty … Continue reading
It may be Autumn but the heat and humidity show little sign of abating. When it’s stifling hot I like to eat salad. Easy to eat. Easy to prepare. Today’s 5-2 fast day offering is an Asian inspired coleslaw. It may … Continue reading
Spring brings warmer weather and lighter, healthier meals. After a winter of warming soups and satisfying comfort food, salads make a welcome reappearance to the dinner table. Fast days suddenly become so much easier – a smoothie, a salad and … Continue reading
Back in Sydney after days of holiday eating I’ve decided to squeeze in a fast day before the weekend. The bottom line? One fast day this week is better than none. Thankfully the 5-2 diet is proving to be a … Continue reading
Tonkatsu. Panko crumbed and fried pork cutlet. Served with shredded cabbage and special sauce. Crisp, crunchy and delicious. For a truly decadent tonkatsu experience in Tokyo we like to visit Maisen in Omotesando. Just around the corner from Shibuya. Famous … Continue reading
Something substantial to serve with drinks. From the Vietnamese Imperial Court. Spring Rolls with pork, prawn and crab no less. Fit for an emperor. Crisp, crunchy and delicious. And so easy to prepare. All the work is in the preparation … Continue reading
I grew up eating coleslaw prepared this way. It’s refreshing and teams beautifully with rich food. If I’m serving slow roasted pork belly, coleslaw is always on the menu to cut through all that decadent lusciousness. I walked past trendy … Continue reading