Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Category Archives: Seafood
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Cold Sesame Soba Noodle Salad With Smoked Salmon, Spinach And Cucumber.
On fast days I like to adopt an eating clean mindset and fill my plate with minimally processed, natural foods. I’ve always loved the simplicity and elegance of Japanese food, so it’s no surprise that I often turn to its … Continue reading
We may well and truly be in the midst of Autumn here in Sydney, but the weather is still hot and humid as we languish through a seemingly endless Indian summer. In our busy household, lazy unscheduled Sundays are a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Sweet Potato And Green Bean Frittata With Smoked Salmon.
Happily I can report that Week One back on the 5-2 bandwagon was an overwhelming success, even after a long ten week hiatus. In the scheme of things, I’ve always found Mondays to be particularly easy; a welcome respite and … Continue reading
Our long summer holidays spell a rolling caravan of beautifully fresh, simply prepared seafood feasts. Fish and chips at the beach. Freshly shucked oysters au naturel. Platefuls of fried flathead fillets with beer battered potato scallops. Calamari fritti. Slow baked salmon … Continue reading
After what seemed to be an awfully long hiatus Australian tiger flathead is in plentiful supply at the fish markets at the moment. Sweet and succulent it is a firm favourite in our house. Like ravenous, circling seagulls my family … Continue reading
This has to be one of my favourite stand by recipes. Maximum flavour for very little effort. So much so that I have taken to keeping vacuum packed hot smoked trout in my fridge for last minute emergency entertaining. It … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Chickpea, Tuna and Fennel Salad.
Tins of tuna and chickpeas have pretty much always been essential standby pantry items in my kitchen. They come in handy and are so very versatile when the cupboard is almost bare and I need to pull together a meal … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Seared Snapper Fillet With A Fresh Parsley And Chive Sauce.
Here is a very simple idea for a fast day feast. A perfectly seared snapper fillet paired with a vibrant fresh parsley and chive sauce. Ready in mere minutes. Prepare the sauce in advance and store in the refrigerator, or … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I bookmarked an intriguing article from the Good Food lift out of The Sydney Morning Herald titled Simple Sous Vide For The Home, Minus The Fancy Equipment. Sous vide has taken the culinary world by … Continue reading
I’ve been making this delicious bruschetta for over a decade. The star of this meal? Plump, juicy tiger prawns doused in plenty of chilli, garlic and ginger. It’s a Jamie Oliver recipe from one of his earlier cookbooks Happy Days … Continue reading